Monday, July 21, 2014

Mere Paas Cine...Maa Hai


 
People around me know me and my love for movies and call me Filmi, while I do enjoy English movies and world cinema with great relish, I am self confessed “keeda” of the Hindi Movies.

I am also the person who is not very discriminative when it comes to taste in Cinema so for me basically “Kuch Bhee Chalega!!” I love the movies with great story lines and deep impact but also go equally crazy for Govinda, David Dhawan type movies and I can proudly say I have never walked out of a movie hall despite how bad the movie be. I am no pseudo critic who talks about narrative or the camera shots (while I do appreciate the technicians), for me movie is just dhmaal and make belief for that time
 
I have danced in movie halls, whistled in movie halls and rolled my eyes at hideous dialogues and cried my eyes out!!
The first movie that I saw in a movie hall was Kranti and I remember crying for most part of it because I thought people were dying in real. What really got my romance with movies was also the music. My friends tell me I have a song for every situation in life (filmi I told you!)
 
While the movie hall business has evolved from single screens to multiplex, I still occasionally love going to single screen halls to watch the movie from first row, uska mazaa hee alag hai!!! Also I don’t know what is the big deal about it but every time I ask for a single ticket at a ticket window they always repeat “ Aapko ek hee ticket chahiye” and then I have to tell them yes while it might seem difficult I still can adjust myself into a single seat
Also at each phase in one’s life there is a movie one can relate to and for me more so,
While during school days related to Maine pyar kiya (ek ladka aur lakdi kabhee dost nahee hote), My first crush in life was a man 10 years older to me and thus related with Lamhe,  First year of college Dil chahta hai bonded me with friends like nothing else. Then when I was turning thirty kept reciting the dialogue from the movie “I am thirty jobless and manless” much to the agony of my friends!
But that is just that, my all time favorite movies include Mera Naam Joker, Chupke Chupke, Jaane Bhee Do Yaaron, Andaaz Apna Apna, Sholey, Guddi, Mili, Abhimaan (Yes I love Big B to the hilt!), equally crazy about Bombay to Goa, Half Ticket, Pyaasa, Masoom, Anand, Umrao Jaan, Udaaan, Oye Lucky Lucky Oye, the list is just way tooo long!!!
Suffice to just say I love hindi movies, Koi Shak!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment